Suggest treatment for cough, fever and excessive tiredness
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns
You are concerned about having a persistent cough after having an upper airway infection. The recent wave of viral infection causing a URI has been known to cause a lingering cough. This cough will eventually resolve but it will take at least another 1-2 weeks. To help reduce the cough I recommend to my patients to use robitussin DM or delsym cough suppressants.
If the cough becomes worse or if you develop shortness of breath I recommend that you be seen by a medical provider. If you develop any of these symptoms you may have contracting pneumonia.
1. viral upper respiratory infection with long persistent cough
2. cough suppressant robitussin DM or delsym
I hope I answered your question. Please contact me again if you have any additional questions or comments.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What multi vitamin is best for excessive tiredness
- Fluorescent yellow urine and excessive tiredness
- Kennel cough treatment cough syrup
- Clammy hands excessive tiredness lightheaded shaky
- Excessive tiredness with excessive urination and wind
- Excessive tiredness and trimethoprim tablets
- Excessive tiredness in women
- What is the treatment for excessive tiredness
- Unexplained weight gain and excessive tiredness
- Excessive tiredness and aching