Suggest treatment for cough, congestion and fatigue

Pulmonologist
Question
I have had a cough, congestion for several days,almong with fatigue. Do I have pneumonia? I do have heart trouble (A-fib), diabetes, and a host of other conditions.
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please monitor your situation

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome in HCM

I can understand your concern.

It is hard to decide if it is a pneumonia or not with the information you have provide.

However according to your symptoms if you have high fever ,cough with phlegm with color difficulty in breathing and if the above last for more than a week and your situation deteriorate than it might be.

But in your condition concerning the comorbidities i would reccommend you to consult your doctor and probably he will order a chest x ray and a PCR test to evaluate better the situation.After having the results it will be the right treatment.

If they come negative than it is only a viral situation which will pass soon. In contrarian antibiotics (like claritromycin) are indicated

Please discuss with him for the above.

I hope to have been helpful

Regards and feel free to ask me again

Dr.Jolanda