Suggest treatment for cough, cold, fever and vomiting
She had viral infection and as a result of it she is having cough, cold, fever, vomiting.
I checked her with pediatrician and he told me this and also prescribed medicine. In night he gave two medicines for fever one Crocin and Meftal-P.
He advised to use Meftal-P( 3 ml) if fever is high and not coming down, and we gave it and after that her eyes have red patches in retina. Can you please suggest if this reddish is due to Meftal-P and please provide some suggestions.
not because of meftal p
Thanks for writing to us.
Usually cold and cough is very common in this age and it is viral in nature.
It may take a few more days to settle.
You can continue medicines as advised by your doctor.
Meftal p will not cause red eye. It is usually the same viral infection which extends from nose to eyes.
But having said that it could also be a bacterial infection which needs confirmation by your doctor.
Avoid using any eye drops on your own.
Consult your doctor again and get her eye checked.
Continue all medicines until then.
Wishing your child good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cold low grade fever vomit
- Fever vomiting drowzy in a child advise and treatment
- Fever vomiting cough temperature
- Fever vomiting diarrhea athletic treatment
- Effective treatment for fever vomiting diarrhea and headache
- Infant had fever vomit now chest cold
- Fever vomiting cough diarrea stomach hurts child
- Chills fever vomiting cold pregnancy or infection symptoms
- Fever vomiting cough
- Urine burning cold fever vomiting
- Constant crying baby,not sleeping,given gripe water.Suggestions ?
- Baby has frequent running nose, sneezing, fever. Prescribed with...
- Swelling of legs after a drive. Is this normal? Or is it related to...
- 23 days baby is having cold and cough, not able to sleep well. Giving...
- Baby started vomitting and loose motion. Losing weight. Stool test done....
- Baby has low weight, elevated liver enzymes. What does this mean? Usual...
- Will consuming omega 3 supplement affect a breast fed child?
- Child felt warm, given Calpol. Blood test suggested. Appreciate a second...
- Child tightens his hands and jaws, makes grunting sound. Is everything...
- Child getting fever, cough and cold frequently. Constant constipation....