Suggest treatment for cough, cold and itchy throat

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Sat, 11 Mar 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: My wife is having cough and cold with symptoms such as itchy troat, slight burning sensation in throat. She feels feverish, slight body ache but dont have high fever yet. Can you suggest some medicine?

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Symptomatic drugs + observation

Detailed Answer:

The symptoms points towards upper respiratory tract inflammation. This could be arising from a viral infection, allergic nasal condition or lastly due to acid reflux. I would want to carefully observe the progress of this condition and seek medical attention if needed.

In the meanwhile, I would advice the following:
1. Continue crocin as and when she gets fever.
2. Start an antihistamine like tab cetrizine 10mg at night
3. Cough lozenges such as Tus Q chewable tablet can be used thrice a day.
4. Steam inhalation will help.
5. In addition, drink warm fluids and rest adequately.

Hope this answered your question. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad