Suggest treatment for cough, cold and fever

Posted on Thu, 20 Nov 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: suffering from cough cold fever since last two days

i think it is due to smoke of fire crackers
Answered by Dr. Harshal Vora 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possible but treatment is necessary.

Detailed Answer:

I have read your question and understand your concerns.
Common Cold and fever might be possible as a reaction to the smoke of fire crackers but it might be possible that a super added bacterial infection has caused fever.

So, my advice to you is -

1. Kindly go for following reports after consulting your family doctor.
- sputum routine and culture
- CBC
(if any further reports are necessary your doctor will tell during your clinical examination)
Don't worry your common Cold will subside early after starting medicines.

2. Until you take medical therapy you can try at home following remedies -

Steam inhalation 3-4 times a day, 10 Minutes each.
Warm water gargles with salt 3 times a day is excellent remedy.
Drink hot beverages, avoid cold beverages, curd until the cold subcide.

3.Do might need an antibiotic course along with medicine for cold and fever which I can't prescribe you online. Your doctor will prescribe it to you.

So, just you need a consultation from your family doctor. After my advice it will be easier for you to understand.
Thank you.
I hope I have given you satisfactory answer. If you have any questions you are always welcome.
Have a nice day.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Harshal Vora 21 minutes later
thank you for your reply. Being shown a commin symptoms I thought some medicines would be prescribed to seek relief.
Answered by Dr. Harshal Vora 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I can understand but I can't help dear

Detailed Answer:
Hello welcome again to HCM.

I have understand your concerns about medications but we are not allowed to prescribe any treatment online and it's not advisable to because clinical examination is necessary in every patients.

If I had been the treating doctor I will start you on can cetrizine and paracetamol tablets. Antibiotics to be started once infection is confirmed.
Yet, you can tell us about reports and what your doctor has suggested.

Thank you.
Have a nice day.
I hope I have given you satisfactory answer, if you feel so. Kindly rate the answer.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Harshal Vora