Suggest treatment for cough, chest congestion and sore throat

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Tue, 30 Aug 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have a bad cough saw throat and severe consent ion and sometimes feel like I am choking. If I lay down it is worse. I have had a lot of congestion for the past 10 days, every time I cough, my saliva had traces of gunk. Today I have developed an even worse cough, my throat feels swollen, I nearly choke as I feel the my sub is stuck in my throat. Laying down us worse. I have had a upper several years ago and my throat is tender. I cannot use my cpsp machine as I feel the mucus builds up and I vomit. I have been on cold and flue tabs and now have duro-tusks. This has made it worse. My throat feels very swollen.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
In my opinion, you should get done chest x ray.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
In my opinion, you should first get done chest x ray to rule rule out lung infection because your symptoms like cough, chest congestion, phlegm etc are commonly seen with lung infection.
Please let me know
1. Do you have fever?
2. Have you ever undergone chest x ray?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 23 minutes later
No x-Ray's and no fever
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do you smoke or drink alcohol?

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Please let me know
1. Do you smoke or drink alcohol?
2. Since how long you are using CPAP machine?