Suggest treatment for cough and sneezing

Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Child Health
Question: My 3.5 months old son has 14 week PCV(PREVENER13) vaccination tomorrow(27Nov). However he is suffering from coughing and sneezing,but no fever.
Currently he is taking homeopathy medicine for cough n cold.

Is it safe to vaccinate with PCV now?
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cough and cold is not a contraindication for vaccination

Detailed Answer:
Hi.... you can go ahead with the vaccination. Cough and cold are not contraindication for vaccination either be it PCV or any other vaccine.

As you said there is no fever you can go ahead with vaccination. But if there is fever the logic is that we will not know whether fever is continuing because of the original fever or the vaccination induced fever.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 15 minutes later
Thanks....Also is it safe to vaccine along with homeopathy medicine?
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can vaccinate even when using homeopathy medicines

Detailed Answer:
Hi.... you can go ahead with vaccination even if you are using homeopathic medicines.

I wish your kid a bright future. If you need any future medical consultation and suggestions, I will be glad to help. You can approach me at the following link.

Once the page opens there will be an option below my image as – ASK ME A QUESTION – click on it.

In this way even in health care magic you can follow up always with a single doctor who knows the history of your kid completely. Please find the link below -

www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-sumanth-amperayani/67696

Regards - Dr. Sumanth