Suggest treatment for cough and ear ache in a toddler

Dr. Prashant Mahajan

Pediatrician

Posted on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: My 3 year old has had a low-grade fever since Thursday evening. Additionally, she has stuffy nose, cough and complained of ear ache. I assumed it was a typical cold but she now has green discharge from one of her eyes and nose. Any suggestions?
Answered by Dr. Prashant Mahajan 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes sure

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to the healthcaremagic

Clinically she has bacterial infection causing conjunctivitis, rhinitis and otitis media.She will need oral antibiotic treatment.

Keep her ears dry. Don't put oil or water or ear drops in ear. Clean her eyes frequently with cold water. Wash hands repeatedly to prevent spread to others. Give lots of fluids.

Happy to help you
Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj