Suggest treatment for cough and cold

Posted on Fri, 21 Oct 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi, i have cold from 1 week. Coughing is not reduced. Cough assosiated with yellow fluid. Please suggest cough syrup
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can take any cough expectorant with bromhexine and Guaphenesin

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

You can take any cough expectorant with bromhexine and Guaphenesin, 2 teaspoonful twice a day and a cough sedative containing dextromethorphan 2 teaspoonfuls at night till you are better.

If no improvement in two days please see your doctor, especially since the expectorant is yellowish. You may need an antibiotic. And it is always a good idea to check with your primary care doctor before you take any medication.

All the best and regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Geeta Sundar