Suggest treatment for cough and cold in child
He still has cough and now he is taking butalin 3 times a day 2.5ml & at night he takes montair LC kid 1 tablet every night and he needs to have it for 3 months is that ok?
We have started noticing hair loss in him is it due to the steriod?
We are residing in Qatar
Kidpred should be avoided
Welcome to Healthcaremagic
Greetings of the day
Kidpred syrup is Prednisone syrup and is ideally avoided on children due to its adverse effects . Montair LC tablet is used to reduce allergy in kids which is cause for persistent respiratory symptoms and can be safely given to kid above 2 years of age.
I would also suggest you the following
1. Chest X ray : A normal X ray will be very reassuring
2. Continue Montair LC kid tablet
3. If there is no wheezing or difficulty in breathing than bronchidilator like Butalin can be discontinued in consultation with Pediatrician
4. Normal Saline Nebulization : Using a home nebulizer, normal saline Nebulization will be helpful
5. Steam inhalation : Preferably using electronic steamer. Maintain safe distance from baby.
6. Himalaya Septilin syrup : It is known to boost immunity. It's Ayurvedic preparation and is usually available as over counter medication.
Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.
Wishing you and your family a very happy and healthy life.
Dr Deepak Kaltari
Consultant Pediatric Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Primary complex treatment coughing gone
- Kennel cough treatment cough syrup
- Suggest treatment for cold and cough in 3 year old
- What treatment is suggested for cold and dry cough
- Suggest treatment for frequent cold and cough
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for cold and cough
- Suggest treatment for cold and cough
- Treatment for child s frequent cold cough and fever
- Suggest treatment for cold and cough with mild fever
- Treatment for cold cough and sneezing of child
- CT scan showed wide spread cancer. Having mass in esophagus. Should...
- Had salmonella and having symptoms of nausea and light headedness. Have...
- Red crystallized object in stool. Pain in left rib cage and blood in...
- Bruise on left buttock, soreness in left elbow and shortness of breath...
- On thyroid medication. Should I take the medicines life long?
- How long does it take to show symptoms of HVP?
- Having red lines on hand. What do you suggest?
- Have dark spots on the head of penis. Was treated with cortisone cream....
- White spots on legs. What could be this?
- Have swollen hives on hip. Took clartin. have done allergy blood work