Suggest treatment for cough and clogged ears

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Thu, 25 Jun 2015 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I have had a cough for about the past 5 to 6 days. This cough was not producing any flim or mucus but I could feel the congestion, so I started a regimen of mucinex which started producing the mucus. The next evening my eye started draining and the following morning I woke up with pink eye. I went to CVS Minute Clinic where they prescribed eye drops for the pink eye. Now two days later I have the cough again, my left ear feels like it needs to "pop" it feels clogged to where I can't hear anything. Now those symptoms are moving to my right ear with the left ear still clogged, I feel like I'm going deaf, please advise.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Viral flue with congestion.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Health Care Magic.

Thanks for writing.

I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad. I have read your question completely, i understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.

I am sorry for the issues you have been feecing.It seems that you have Allergy problem with viral infection(Viral Flu) this is getting quite severe at the moment.It is now clogging ur you ear tubes which is giving you strange sensation.

It must be allarming for you but hoepfully it will get better with time. usually takes 10-12 days to go.

Here I would suggest you some remedies and medicines which are going to help you big time with your symptoms and with time they will disappear gradually.

1)Steam Inhallation:

Take steam inhallation 3 times a day for ten minitues inhale via nose..deep so that it may soften the congestion.And relieve you symptoms.

2) Valsalva Maneuver:
You can read about it on internet or watch a video on youtube ,using this maneuver twice a day atleast can open the clogged up ear tubes.

3) Warm drinks:
They do help.

4) Steamy Shower:
If weather at your place allows you take steamy shower twice a day.

5) Nasal decongestants:
There are sorays which open up nasal passages they are easily available over the counter.

6) Alegra-D:
Take this tablet once daily in night it will relieve voth allergy and congestion.

7) Tylenol:
Take this twice a day or you can take it thrice a day if needed this will releive you head ache body aches and lethargy symptoms.
8) Hydration:

You will need adequate hydration in this period specially even if you aren't thirsty keep drinking water it will only benefit.

Your problems will hopefully get much releived if you follow my suggestions..it will take a couple of days.

I hope this answered your question.If you have more queries I am happy to answer.Otherwise rate and close the discussion

Regrads.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.

M.B.B.S(Licensed Family Physician)

Resident M.D.
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 11 minutes later
Is there a suggested nasal decongestant?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Any spray by a good pharmaceutical

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for writing back to me,

You can use nasal spray by VICKS, Equate or any other brand out there.

Ask you pharmacist about the best brand available with him and hopefully the spray , steam and Alegra-d should do for you.

Stay blessed I wish you the best of health.

Regards ,

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad