Suggest treatment for cotton from Q tip stuck in ear

Dr. Sumit Bhatti

ENT Specialist

Posted on Fri, 12 Jun 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have cotton from a q-tip stuck in my ear. I've tried tweezers to grab it but it's too dangerous.
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Visit any nearby ER. Preferably an ENT Specialist.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. Yes, it id difficult to remove cotton from a q-tio stuck in the ear on your own. It may even be pushed deeper or you may cause an injury to the ear canal when attempting to remove it.

2. Visit any nearby ER. With proper illumination and instruments, especially for an ENT Specialist, removing it will be very easy.

3. There is no urgency. The cotton will not harm your ear.

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.

Regards.