Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for coronary artery disease

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 4582 Questions
what if your bypass has stop working
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that if you have clinical symptomatology suggestive of coronary artery disease (chest pain, shortness of breath, etc.), a new revascularization procedure may be necessary.

In this regard a percutaneous coronary vascularisation with eventual coronary stent implantation has been the most frequently applied strategy, in patients who have previously performed bypass surgery.

If the above procedure is technically impossible, another treatment option would be a re-do bypass.

The third treatment option, especially if you do not have ongoing clinical symptomatology, would be to continue medical treatment for coronary artery disease.

You should discuss with your doctor on the above issues.

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor