Suggest treatment for corns in the toes

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 13 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My mothers feet have corns in between big toe and decond toe! They are both hard corns and keep her from walking! What is a good pain reliever cream or ointment and also something to soften the corns?? until we see a foot doctor...
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Topical keratolytic

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr.kakkar (dermatologist). I have noted your concern.
She may use Duofilm liquid (salicylic and lactic acid) once daily at night. It is a topical keratolytic and would help soften the corn thereby reducing pain due to pressure.
She may take a tablet of ibuprofen twice daily for symptomatic pain relief.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 10 minutes later
Dr is Duofilm available in stores or by doctors prescription??
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Topical keratolytic lotion

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Duofilm liquid contains 16.7% salicylic acid and 16.7% lactic acid in a lotion base. Although it is a prescription drug, however, you may try from a drug store near you if you can find it or can get something similar for corns and warts.
Watnil is another such formulation. It is available online.