Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

177 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for contracted gallbladder

Answered by
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Practicing since :1984

Answered : 16913 Questions

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Hello, I am sharmin XXXXXXX from XXXXXXX .i have question that my father has gall bladder partially contracted.there are multiple echodensities present in the lumen .the large one measures 8mm,6mm,6mm.
What should we have to do now.
Please reply me faster .
Thank you
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pre-operative checkup and fitness and Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query about your Father and the picture you have posted.
Noted the history of multiple echodensities in the gall bladder with partial contraction. He has to take painkillers like voveran.

There is no second opinion that the gall bladder has to be removed.
Before this I would advise the following for your Father to see that there is fitness for surgery and anesthesia.
- Tests of blood: Routine, liver functions and kidney function tests.
- Tests of urine and stool.
- Clinical evaluation, examination by a Physician/ Cardiologist with ECG and Echocardiography, X-ray chest and other investigations if required so for Medical fitness.
- Upper GI Endoscopy if there is history related to acidity or gastric ulcer.
- Any other tests/procedures if there is a problem in the routine tests done as mentioned above.
- Plan for Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy, that is removal of the gall bladder.

I hope this answers your query well, please feel free to ask further relevant queries if you need to or if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Anesthesia

doctor1 MD

Hi I have to go to the dentist next month and I m gonna be under conscious sedation . But I ve been reading the former and it says I cant have it it I have been using drugs which I have I take herion cracking and methadone what would happen if I do still have it done

doctor1 MD

Hello I suffer from PTSD and I am Bipolar and I need to get me teeth fixed but I have blacked out at the dentist the last 4 times. how do I go about having IV sedation? this is not safe for me or any one else to work on me if I am going to black out during dental work

doctor1 MD

I had an epidural spinal block injection in march 2012 and have had shaking turns all down the right side of my body, need for the toilet after these turns, loose the use of my right leg,also i am confused for a while, also get pins & needles in my right thumb YYYY@YYYY thanks

doctor1 MD

I have to make a colonoscopy, but to do it with sedative or anesthesia would cost me from 150 to 240 euros. I have hemorrhoids, so doing without any sedative or anesthesia would kill me. But it s too expensive. Do you think I could smoke weed before the appointment to the colonoscopy, for me it s much more cheaper and it seams to be almost the same affect of the sedative wich I would have to have to pay 150 euros.

doctor1 MD

i was in renal and liver failure due large vol blood loss surgery 8 days before rec 2 abc transfusion all organs compromised and prescribed hydrocortisone 10 egg day but i have a 50-50 shot to survive this med is effect kidneys and liver red blood...

doctor1 MD

What does a mastoidectomy involve? What type of care is required before and after such a procedure?

doctor1 MD

hi im having a kidney stone removed and a new stent put in but i found out i have an enlarged heart i was told that you cant use anasthsia on an enlarged heart also will they send me to a cardologist before surgery how long does it take to get an...