Suggest treatment for contracted gallbladder
What should we have to do now.
Please reply me faster .
Pre-operative checkup and fitness and Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy.
Thanks for your query about your Father and the picture you have posted.
Noted the history of multiple echodensities in the gall bladder with partial contraction. He has to take painkillers like voveran.
There is no second opinion that the gall bladder has to be removed.
Before this I would advise the following for your Father to see that there is fitness for surgery and anesthesia.
- Tests of blood: Routine, liver functions and kidney function tests.
- Tests of urine and stool.
- Clinical evaluation, examination by a Physician/ Cardiologist with ECG and Echocardiography, X-ray chest and other investigations if required so for Medical fitness.
- Upper GI Endoscopy if there is history related to acidity or gastric ulcer.
- Any other tests/procedures if there is a problem in the routine tests done as mentioned above.
- Plan for Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy, that is removal of the gall bladder.
I hope this answers your query well, please feel free to ask further relevant queries if you need to or if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Thickening of the gallbladder wall treatment
- Collapsed gallbladder treatment
- Gallbladder stones treatment
- Gallbladder attack treatment
- Suggest treatment for gallbladder problem
- What is the treatment for a collapsed gallbladder
- Treatment for a contracted gallbladder
- Gallbladder inflammation treatment
- Gallbladder treatment of polyps or cyst
- Suggest treatment for gallbladder stone