Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for continual buttox pain

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2584 Questions
Previously had sporadic muscle spasms to my right thigh. Recently have been suffering from continual buttox pain. Rarely, there has been lower back pain. I do spend a lot of time sitting due to my work environment. I'm 60 years old.
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Choose to investigate depending on the severity... Detailed Answer: Hi, Muscle and joint pain is very common after 50 years. Abnormal posture, reduced bone mineralization, increased chances of injuries and many other factors would contribute to occurrence of pain. I would not be concerned if the pain is a dull ache, gradually resolving and is not associated with weakness / neurological deficits. You can choose to investigate with blood tests, X-rays and MRI scan if the pain is untolerable, limits your mobility and is associated with neurological complaints. Perhaps you can use over the counter pain killers for 2-3 days now to reassess the symptoms. That should help you decide whether or not you need to visit the doctor. Sporadic muscle spasm lasting for short period of time is generally benign that doesn't concern me. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor