Suggest treatment for consumption of phenyl

Dr. Deepika Patil

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Accident and Emergency
Question: Someone drank 100 ml of pheny . vomited , given milk . is he OK?
Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
look for progressive symptoms

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Though phenyl 100ml is not huge amount to cause severe problems but when drank may cause problems.

As he has vomited and drank milk that amount of phenyl must have expelled out by now.

I would suggest you to keep a watch on the symptoms like repeated vomiting, agitation, seizures (fit's attack), abdominal pain etc. If he develops any one among these then show to emergency department immediately and get further treatment.

If nothing among these happens for 2 days then he is completely out of danger. 2 days observation is needed.

Hope I have answered your query . If any further queries are there I would love to help.

Dr.Deepika Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Deepika Patil 10 hours later
He is getting mild burning sensation in stomach after 20 hrs of that incident . He was also feeling like vomiting . what to do.
Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
better to show to doctor

Detailed Answer:

It could be just gastritis causing problem to him but since he has drunk phenyl I would suggest him to consult doctor/physician and get examined as he is still getting symptoms.

If everything is fine then gastritis treatment would be initiated.

Hope I have answered your query .

Dr.Deepika Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj