Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for constipation

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 2105 Questions
You sure can answer my question....Please right now....that would be best....this is embarrasing...I sprained muscles, etc I've been under care from realligning my body, etc....and massage therapy... That rehab process began 3 weeks ago... My "stool" went from "normal color and texture'about 3 days ago...and skipped 36 hours.... Now, it's returning to 'normal' color' but the texture is such that it got stuck 2 hours ago at the opening of my anus...all my life I've had a couple of hammeroids (SP?) ..small..there......I'm in a hotel room in Baltimore,with a kitchenette.....How do I loosen the rest of this to come out...without medicine...I only take the Altace...I'm sensitive to other medicines. I call just called the Walgreen's pharrmcist just now ...someone looked at the suppositories for me to see if they had pure glycerine... Only Fleet had it...but then it had an inactive ingredient added...It is EDETAPTE...I'm sensitive to artificial or herbal ingredients.... do I make things finish up in the anus? Please answer me.... I'm waiting on line for you...
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Liquid glycerin can be used. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. After reading your post, I would like to advise that you can use liquid glycerin tob be pushed in your anorectal region by the help of a syringe (without needle). Proctoclysis enema can also be helpful. Finger evacuation can be done for very hard stools. While doing, you must be gentle so that you do not injure the hemorrhoids. I would advise that you should take medical assistance. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Regards. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor