Owl Image

Suggest treatment for constipation

Owl Image
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Question
i have constipation. wat shud i do for home remedies
Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
As outlined, not to be taken lightly

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
It is worth trying home remedies ONLY if there are no other symptoms like distension of abdomen, nausea, vomiting, Pain in abdomen, bleeding per rectum or any thing which is not normal.
Meaning if there are any of the above symptoms you have to consult a Gastroenterologist.

Home remedies you can try at home::
Liquid Cremaffin plus - dose to be adjusted as per your requirements.
High fiber diet, ladies fingers and green leafy vegetables.
Plenty of oral fluids.
Avoid all the foods and beverages you know cause constipation in you. This is always a personalized problem, something which suits someone else may not be suitable for you, so do not listen to anyone else, It is your observation for yourself that is going to decide.
Avoid junk foods.