Suggest treatment for constipation with diabetes and BP

Dr. Lohit K

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: i have been costipated on and off gas does not pass heaviness in stomach pass mation which is dry little three to four times feel very thirsty urinate often have daibeties and high blood pressure
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Maintain sugar level,prokinetic,vitamin & exercise

Detailed Answer:

I went through the query and understood your concern.

Constipation, dry stool, very thirsty and more frequent urination may be due to uncontrolled diabetes.
In diabetes there may be neuropathy which will reduce the intestinal motility and hence constipation may occur. Very thirsty and more frequent urination may be due to uncontrolled diabetes. So better check for your sugar levels (fasting, post prandial and HbA1c). Also some of the medications used for diabetes can cause abdominal discomfort, so I want information on the drugs (contents with dosage) to comment on it.

For now you can take prokinetic drug like domperidone, vitamin B6 & B12 supplements, plenty of fluids and fiber diet along with 30min exercise every day. These measures will help you.

I hope this information helps you and answered your questions.
Feel free to ask for any further queries. I will be glad to answer them.

Wish you good health and enjoy life.
Follow up: Dr. Lohit K 6 hours later
Well my sugar levels are under control may be some time marginaly high I do exercise quite regularly shall take the vitamins prescribed by u
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Life style changes, Vitamin,prokinetic

Detailed Answer:

That's good news. Keep your sugar level controlled. As explained before you can take prokinetic drug like domperidone, vitamin B6 & B12 supplements, plenty of fluids and fiber diet. These measures will help you.
Also for constipation laxative syrup bisacodyl / cremaffin may help you in the management.

Hope this information helps you.

If you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.