Suggest treatment for constipation, bloating and tender breasts

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Hello
I am a 50 year old female almost 11 months now w/o a period so probably in menopause. This past week I've experienced unusual constipation, tender breasts and bloating - and a few pounds weight gain, almost overnight. I am concerned this is something to investigate further, such as ovarian cysts or cancer.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not likely to be due to cancer.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The sudden tenderness in the breasts and weight gain is liekly to be due to hormonal changes in the body. This can happen due to menopause or an impending intermittent period.
These symptoms are not suggestive of any ovarian cyst or cancer. These are just mild and non specific symptoms that are likely to subside on their own in next few weeks. Please do not worry.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 31 minutes later
Ok good to know. Why the constipation? That is an added symptom.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to dietary changes.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Constipation can be related to change in the dietary habits or decreased fluid intake. You can take a mild laxative for relief. Too much use of laxatives will add to water retention in the body.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN