Suggest treatment for constipation and the frequent urge to urinate upon drinking water

Dr. R.A. Singh

Emergency Medicine Specialist

Posted on Thu, 24 May 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I used to take protein shakes but since 4 months i have stopped taking them. Now i am facing problems like Constipation even if i am taking good diet. Also whenever i drink more water i feel frequent urge to urinate and if i stop taking more water then whenever i urinate i feel burning sensation. I am not able to poop properly and also whenever i feel urge to urinate i feel that it will leak out unintentionally and cant control. what tests do you recommend
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Urine examination is needed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing your query.
After reading your post, it seems that your symptoms might be due to Urinary Tract Infection (UTI).
I would suggest that you should get your urine tested for Routine/Microscopic and Culture/Sensitivity test.
Also drink lots of water daily. If the symptoms persists, get yourself clinically examined by your doctor.
I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.
Regards. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana