Suggest treatment for constipation and tenderness on the sides
Hello and thanks for your question. It depends upon how serious your constipation has been and if it has resolved completely. If your constipation was very serious and prolonged, it is possible that you could have some residual discomfort for a few weeks after it has resolved. If your constipation was not that severe and your stools are now regular and soft then I would be concerned about the ongoing pain. It would be a good idea to see your doctor for an abdominal exam, pelvic exam and some blood and urine tests. I hope that it is nothing serious but please check back with your doctor soon.
I'm not in any pain more of a slight discomfort, my doctor pressed all around my abdomon and said she couldn't feel anything to worry about?
Watch carefully for a few weeks
I would then just watch carefully for a few weeks but follow up with your doctor for more exam and testing if problems are not resolving. To avoid further problems with constipation make sure you are eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains. Drinking plenty of water and doing some regular walking each day can also be helpful. Please let me know if you have any other follow up questions and I will be happy to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for constipation
- Suggest treatment for constipation and gas
- What treatment is suggested for constipation
- Suggest treatment for terible constipation
- Suggest treatment for constipation with acidity
- Suggest treatment for constipation in a baby
- Suggest treatment for constipation in a child
- Suggest treatment for severe constipation
- Suggest treatment for bloating and constipation
- Suggest treatment for constipation and stress