Suggest treatment for constipation and severe pressure in the lower abdomen

Posted on Wed, 14 Dec 2016 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Pressure in lower abdomen and not able to pass gas or make a bowel movement.
Answered by Dr. Rudina Balliu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible constipation , but please give me some more information.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Dear ! Thank you for posting your question to HCM.

Please can you give me some more information so I can be more specific in my answer ?
I have these questions for further clarifications: -

Since how long have you had this problem (days or week) so I can understand if it's something acute or chronic ?

Is the pain continuous or comes and go ?
Do you have other symptoms like :blood in the stools , diarrhea, nausea, vomiting ,loss of appetite ,dizzy?

How severe is the pain (does it wake you up from the sleep) ?

I think more of possibility of having constipation so you need to drink plenty of water, eat a lot of green vegetables , fruits and fibers .

Other possibilities: Irritable bowel syndrome , urinary tract infection, intestinal obstructions, gastric problem, diverticulosis and few others.

Please let me know the details so that I can guide you further

Take care .
Dr Rudina

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Rudina Balliu 1 hour later
1. Problem only since yesterday (11/22/16).

2. On and off problem, not continuous. No serious problems otherwise, no blood in the stool, etc.

3. Pain does not wake me up, though is quite uncomfortable at times when awake.

Will drink more water and fruit juice, including apple cider. (Thinking about it, I did eat about 5 or 6 prunes yesterday that may be part of the problem. Not used to eating them.)
Answered by Dr. Rudina Balliu 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This shows constipation, Follow the diet and exercise.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again!

The informations that you tell me shows that is something acute and not a dangerous situation.

This also shows about a constipation problem , so yes keep drinking a lot of liquids. Apple cider is good, vegetables , high fiber food ..also do exercises like small walks.

If you don't have a bowel movement maximum in 3 days, you can go to your local doctor he /she will give you some medication that will help you .

If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Take Care
Dr Rudina

Dr. Rudina Balliu