Suggest treatment for constipation and frequent urination

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hey actually i am a 20 years old male and i used to have protein shakes when i used to do gym but now i have stopped it. I have been experiencing constipation and frequent urge to urinate since 3 months. Which tests should i consider?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
CAN BE URINARY TRACT INFECTION.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query.
Have seen your question and i appreciate your concerns.
As per your query answers are-
I don't think your symptoms have any thing to do with whey.Whey is just a type of protein.
As per your query i feel that you are having some infection in gut and urinary tract.
I would suggest you to go for following tests-
Stool routine and microscopy
Urine routine and microscopy
Fo relief in constipation take probiotic twice daily till you have reports with you.
What brand of whey were you on?
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 10 minutes later
i have used many like on, ultimate nutrition but recently i was using muscletech.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow up answer.

Detailed Answer:
Problem is not related to whey.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 8 hours later
should i also consider Liver functioning test? because i am also facing a lot of acne in my chest and back and i read somewhere that it means your liver is not functioning properly
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
follow up

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Yes off course you can go for liver function tests.

Thanks!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D