Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for constipation and frequent urination

Gastroenterologist
Question
Hey actually i am a 20 years old male and i used to have protein shakes when i used to do gym but now i have stopped it. I have been experiencing constipation and frequent urge to urinate since 3 months. Which tests should i consider?
Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
CAN BE URINARY TRACT INFECTION.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query.
Have seen your question and i appreciate your concerns.
As per your query answers are-
I don't think your symptoms have any thing to do with whey.Whey is just a type of protein.
As per your query i feel that you are having some infection in gut and urinary tract.
I would suggest you to go for following tests-
Stool routine and microscopy
Urine routine and microscopy
Fo relief in constipation take probiotic twice daily till you have reports with you.
What brand of whey were you on?

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for constipation and frequent urination 10 minutes later
i have used many like on, ultimate nutrition but recently i was using muscletech.

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow up answer.

Detailed Answer:
Problem is not related to whey.

Regards.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for constipation and frequent urination 8 hours later
should i also consider Liver functioning test? because i am also facing a lot of acne in my chest and back and i read somewhere that it means your liver is not functioning properly

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
follow up

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Yes off course you can go for liver function tests.

Thanks!