• question-icon

Suggest treatment for constipation and acidity

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Greetings Doctor. I am a 33 years old male suffering from constipation and acidity problem. I work in a very different timings due to which my biennial rhythm got impacted. I work from 2 pm to 12 midnight. By the time I go to bed it's 3 am. I refrain eating outside food and take food from home. My weight is 90kgs. I don't get proper sleep because of which my bowel movement are not regular. Due to my work timings I do not get to do any physical activity.

How can I control my problem.
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained below,

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query in HealthcareMagic,

I have gone through your query and can understand your concern,

I would suggest you to do the following:

- adjust your sleep schedule to a minimum of 6 hours to XXXXXXX 8 hours. See that your sleep is adequate irrespective of the timings.

- avoid having a heavy meal for dinner.

- include more fibers in your diet like peas, beans, lentils, berries, oranges, oats etc. You can also have fruit juices daily.

- drink plenty of water, approx 2-3 litres per day. This should ensure easy bowel movements.

- You can also choose to take T. DULCOLAX which is a laxative, only if you seem to experience severe constipation, or hard stools.

- A daily brisk walking of 20-30 minutes will be enough to get your bowels active.

- Avoid much of meat and oily foods which will result in further hardening of stools.

- As for acidity, you should practice the habit of having small meals every 2-3 hours apart. This will prevent the excess secretion of gastric acid.

- You can take Cap Pantocid DSR once daily for 2 weeks, half an hour before food.

I hope this helps,

Please feel free to discuss further or else kindly close the query and share your positive feedback.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Remy Koshy