Suggest treatment for constant problem with body odor

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My question was about body order. I tried different soap. Watched what I eat. I'm not over weight. I need to know what kind of doctor should I seek. If I swear a little I have very bad order. If I sit in a leather chair I have the same problem. I need to know what kind of blood test to get. What kind of disease is this. Have anyone ever heard of this . Please help. I live in myrtle beach area. I been dealing with this a long time.
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs evaluation by a physician.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for posting your query on HCM.
I really appreciate your concern for the body odor you have for quite long time.

It is unfortunate to know that despite of taking all precautions like using different soaps etc the body odor still bothers you.

Well, you need to be examined by a physician for proper evaluation like routine investigations in the form of urine analysis, blood tests, etc to rule out infection, diabetes, hyperthyroidism, liver and kidney diseases that some time cause abnormal body odor.

The following treatment modalities are found to be effective:

1. Antiperspirants contain aluminium-based compounds that temporarily block the sweat pore, thereby reducing the amount of perspiration that reaches your skin. Apply the antiperspirant at bed time to the areas most prone to sweating.

2. Deodorants can eliminate odor

3. Avoid taking caffeinated beverages and spicy or strong smelling foods may make you sweat more or have stronger body odor than usual.

4. Regular bathing, especially with an antibacterial detergent or soap, reduces the growth of bacteria on your skin.
5. Use cotton clothing which allows your skin to breathe

Hope the suggestions given above could be useful in getting the body odor treated.
Best regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali