Suggest treatment for constant pain due to neuropathy

Posted on Wed, 17 Jun 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: Would like to get Hydrocodone for neuropathy. Am in constant pain
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you can use gabapentin, amitryptiline or pregabali

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to health care magic.
You are suffering from depression and neuropathic pain. You have not mentioned the cause of your neuropathy. You must be evaluated for diabetes, nutritional deficiency and toxins. Very painful neuropathy may occur in vasculitic neuropathy. You need to consult a neurologist for proper examination and evaluation and treatment. Nerve biopsy will be required.
For treatment many drugs besides opioid are available like gabapentin, pregabalin and amitryptiline.
Opioid in the the form of tramadol or hydrocodone with brand name Vicodin or lorset are available but in some countries are available only on prescription.
You need to discuss your condition with your doctor.
Hope you recover early.
Dr Neeraj Kumar
Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Neeraj Kumar

Neurologist