Suggest treatment for constant knee pain

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 6 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: About a week and a half ago my left knee started aching, it continues to ache and has not heeled, if I touch the inside of my knee it is very, very tender, I did not do anything out of the ordinary, it just started hurting, it is a dull achey pain, I can walk fine, both my knees have been popping for years from being in construction and this is still the case, why is my knee aching?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Take pain medications and if it persists, let's do some tests!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for getting to us.

I have reviewed this information fully. The cause of this pain could be a degenerating joint disease causing destruction of the joint. I'd suggest that you continue with icing and also take Tylenol (650 mg every 8hrly after food).

If the pain persists, I will suggest that you see a doctor for evaluation of this knee. I'd recommend an MRI scan to look at the various structures of the knee so as to tell what is wrong with it. This way; a more specific plan can be developed and followed to help address the pain.

I hope this helps. I wish you well.
Feel free to follow up with me if need be. I will appreciate that you update me with your response to treatment.

Kind regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee