Owl Image

Suggest treatment for constant cough and throat pain

Owl Image
Dr. Deepashree

ENT Specialist

Question
Hello Dr.
I have been coughing for the past 3 days constantly with a lot of pain in the throat. A lot fo yellow cough is being generated and I am in pain of throat. Everytime I cough, I feel someone is scratching the inner walls of my throat. Please suggest medication and way to get relief quickly.

XXXXXX
Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Deepashree 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Upper respiratory tract infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for your query.
In my opinion, you might be having upper respiratory tract infection.
If I were your treating doctor, I would have prescribed penicillin antibiotics + anti inflammatory medicines for 5 to 7 days+antihistamines andmucolytics combination drugs twice a day for 5 days. You can get these medication with your local doctor prescription.
Do Betadine gargling twice daily. Avoid oily and cold items.
Steam inhalation regularly.
All these are prescription medicines, so I would advise you to consult with the doctor and get treated.
Hope my answers have helped you
pleased to help you further. Thanks.