question-icon

Suggest treatment for constant cold and cough

Posted on Mon, 7 Dec 2015
Question: Hello Doctor, I am 35 Yrs old (male) 80 kgs in weight. I am down with cold and cough for the past 3 days...although running nose has gone, severe irritating cough is there...I have used about 3 tabs of DCold Total so far...there are some mild body pains also....may I use Cheston Cold? Or is there any other good medicine, which may help me attend office tomorrow.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar (35 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Do warm water gargles 5-6 times a day.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Possibility of viral Upper respiratory tract infection (URTI) is more in your case.
And yes, you can take cheston cold. No harm in it.
Along with drugs you need to follow these things for better symptomatic relief.
1. Drink plenty of fluids orally and keep yourself hydrated.
2. Do warm water gargles 5-6 times a day.
3. Avoid oily and spicy food.
4. Avoid hard to chew food.
5. Avoid stress and tension. Take proper sound sleep of 8-9 hours.
You will mostly improve in 5-6 days.
Hope I have solved your query.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health. Thanks.
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist