Suggest treatment for constant abdominal pain after an injury

Posted on Wed, 17 Jun 2015 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I have a LLQ persistent pain for the past 2 years. I've been to over 6 doctors and no diagnosis has solved my issue. I feel 100% fine other than this constant abdominal pain which is weakening the value of my life and distracting me from happiness. I've had a colonoscopy, acupuncture and hernia tests but they did not solve anything. I believe the first instance of this pain happened the same time I over twisted my body while driving and I felt my lower rib overlap something but i'm not sure if that is related to this pain. It is around my belly button and under the left rib cage. It sometimes feel like a burning sensation or something is pressing against my abs really hard. It covers about 3 inches of area under the skins and sometimes moves around but is generally close to the belly button. It's been a constant pain, every second of every day for 2 years. What could this be?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be a muscle tear or nerve related cause.

Detailed Answer:
The constant abdominal pain that started after you twisted your body while driving is likely to be a muscular or a nerve related pain. It can be due to a microscopic tear in the muscle fibers due to stress or a nerve root compression at the level of the spine. You need to get an MRI scan done to find out the cause.
If it is a nerve related pain then taking medicines like Pregabalin and Gabapentin along with methylcobalamin supplements can help.
In case it is a muscle tear then doing a hot compress in the area can help. Do take a mild pain killer after the meals. Taking a muscle relaxant will also help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon