Suggest treatment for consistent penile discharge

Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf

Posted on Tue, 27 Jan 2015 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: The previous 4 days I've had a very consistent penile discharge especially in the morning.

Because of the holiday I haven't been able to see a Dr. I was able to order an 8 panel STD test online and had the lab tests 3 days ago. I won't get results until tomorrow or the day after.

Starting last night the discharge stopped.

My question is: If it was Gonorrhea or Chlamydia would the discharge stop without treatment?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely to resolve without treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hello

My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.

I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. Chances are unlikely that these infections heal on their own. They normally require antibiotic cover for at least 7-10 days. If left untreated then it causes complications like:
- infection and pain near the testicles
- infection of the prostate gland
- stricture (narrowing of the urethra due to inflammation or infection)

Because men often do not show signs of infection right away or may subside after a while so screening can diagnose STDs even if no symptoms are present or subsided after a while.

Recommendation:
Under go screening tests including culture of discharge. If it is confirmed then visit hospital to get prescription for medication.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj