Suggest treatment for consistent pain the left leg and lower back

Question
HI,RECENTLY,I HAVE HAD THREE APPTS ABOUT 3WEEKS APART FOR STEROID INJECTIONS FOR CONSISTENT PAIN IN MY LEFT LEG AND AN AREA ON LEFT IN LOWER BACK. MY LEG PAIN IS IN FRONT ON MY QUAD AREA. WHEN I WALK,SIT STAND BEND FOR AN HOUR OR TWO THE PROBLEM COMES BACK. TO RELIEVE MY PAIN OR TIGHTNESS I OR MY HUSBAND HAS TO MASSAGE THE AREA DEEPLY,ITS A PAINFUL MASSAGE BUT THE PROBLEM IS BETTER FOR DIFFERENT AMOUNTS OF TIME. THE DR I VISIT TOOK XRAYS AND FOUND I HAVE SOME SCOLIOSIS WHICH IS NEW SINCE MY LAST BACK XRAY ALSO HE SAID A BEGINNING OF SPINAL STENOSIS,AND BULGING DISCS. IALSO HAD AN EMERGENCY SURGERY 2YEARS AGO ON A STRAGULATED HERNIA WHICH LEFT ME A LARGE PROTRUSION ON MY LEFT SIDE
I LOOK PREGNANT. I AM 74YRS OLD, AND VERY FRUSTRATED THAT THE INJECTIONS HAVE'NT WORKED. I HAVE HAD MANY CORTIZONE INJECTIONS IN MY PAST AT ADIFFERENT HOSPITAL AND THEY ALWAYS WORKED. THAT HOSPITAL IS THE NE BAPTIST MY DR XXXXXXX HARTIGAN SPINE CLINIC I ALSO HAVE BEEN TAKING PERCOCET WHEN AND 300MG NEUROTIN 3 TIMES A DAY. I DO NOT THINK IT HELPS THAT MUCH.I WANT TO BE RID OF THE PAIN,IT GETS IN MY WAY OF LIFE.I LIKE MY JOB,MY HOME AND FAMILY
,AND CURRENT DR POLIVY ORTHOPEDIC WHO ONLY DOES INJECTIONS NOW AT THE NEWTON WELLESLY HOSPITAL I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY GUIDANCE IN THIS MATTER?
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
need MRI

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for your question.
Steroid injections can only decrease inflammation. They do not decrease muscle spasm or nerve impingements. It sounds like you may have some nerve impingements that are causing severe spasms and pain. The x-rays will not show this. Only an MRI can show nerve impingement. I suggest that you seek another opinion by a neurologist that specializes in back pain or at a special spine clinic. It is very concerning that you are on both percocet and neurontin without relief. Both of these should help with nerve pain.
It is not uncommon for steroid injections to stop working after enough damage is done to the joints around the spine.
I wish you the best,
Dr. Robinson