question-icon

Suggest treatment for consistent lower abdominal pain

Posted on Mon, 1 Sep 2014
Question: lower abdominal pain on lower left side. consistent for 2 weeks
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail (21 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
You may have conditions with kidney/ bowel/ ovary

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for writing inn to us.

I have read through your query in details.
A pain in the left lower abdomen can have many causes including a stone in the left kidney/ ureter, infection or inflammation of the large bowel or any condition involving your ovary on the left side.

It is important to know if you have been having any of the above mentioned conditions in the past as they can have a recurrence. Any surgical history in the past may be relevant.

I suggest you get clinically examined by a surgeon and then proceed to get an ultrasound scan to give a better idea of the condition causing the pain.

Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.

Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.

Dr.Vivek
Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist