Suggest treatment for consistent lower abdominal pain

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2014
May 2014
Excellent

Radiologist
Question
lower abdominal pain on lower left side. consistent for 2 weeks
Posted Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You may have conditions with kidney/ bowel/ ovary

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for writing inn to us.

I have read through your query in details.
A pain in the left lower abdomen can have many causes including a stone in the left kidney/ ureter, infection or inflammation of the large bowel or any condition involving your ovary on the left side.

It is important to know if you have been having any of the above mentioned conditions in the past as they can have a recurrence. Any surgical history in the past may be relevant.

I suggest you get clinically examined by a surgeon and then proceed to get an ultrasound scan to give a better idea of the condition causing the pain.

Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.

Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.

Dr.Vivek