Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for consistent lower abdominal pain

May 2014
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 6506 Questions
lower abdominal pain on lower left side. consistent for 2 weeks
Posted Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You may have conditions with kidney/ bowel/ ovary

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing inn to us.

I have read through your query in details.
A pain in the left lower abdomen can have many causes including a stone in the left kidney/ ureter, infection or inflammation of the large bowel or any condition involving your ovary on the left side.

It is important to know if you have been having any of the above mentioned conditions in the past as they can have a recurrence. Any surgical history in the past may be relevant.

I suggest you get clinically examined by a surgeon and then proceed to get an ultrasound scan to give a better idea of the condition causing the pain.

Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.

Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor