Suggest treatment for conjunctivitis

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Hello sir i am suffering with eye allergic conjunctivitis.now i am using ACUPAT and CYCLOMUNE 0.05% and feeling better.Is it safe to use these eyedrops for a long period?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Eye drops can be used for long period

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear,

As per youe query yes these eyedrops can be used for a long period of times.Usually over week till conjunctivitis limits itself.
However Tab Allegra can be taken once daily along with it which is an antihistaminic.
If not relieved in 3-5 days a swab should be taken from eye to rule out bacterial conjunctivitis.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 27 minutes later
sir i am using these drops from last 1 year.when i try to discontinue these drops condition become wrose.Should i continue with thesr drops . if not then suggest me better advise
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up answer

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

If you're my patient, I'd advise you to try eye drop Moxifloxacin along with eye drop Tearsol.
Tab Allegra(Fexofenadine) 180 mg once daily

Follow-up after 3 days.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee