Suggest treatment for conjunctivitis

Dr. Nagamani Ng

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: i rubbed my eye because it was itchy, it turned red, an hour day the eye is puffy sore and swollen. I can see out of it, there are no floaters and I do not see flashes of light as if i had a retina tear. I rubbed my eyes 4 hours ago.
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
conjunctivitis.

Detailed Answer:
No need to worry much.
It is just a conjunctivitis, It is a self limiting condition, no need of any medicines.
Follow these conservative measures to get relief.
wash your eyes with XXXXXXX warm water.
do not rub much.
uses clean and disposable wipes to clean eyes.
wash hands every time you touch eyes.
you can take some antihistamines like TAB. ALLEGRA for itching and TAB. IBUGESIC for pain.
If still it persists
I treat such cases with ciplox topical eye drops this is a prescribed drug.
If your symptoms are not getting reduced by the above methods, meet near by Ophthalmologist to further evaluation

Any query do follow up.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj