Suggest treatment for conjunctivitis

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Wed, 22 Jun 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Hi Doctor,
I have conjunctivitis from yesterday. I need fo attend my close friends marriage in 3 days. Is there any immediate cure for this??

Thank you!

I am using Ciplox-d eye drops for now..
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Avoid Ciplox D.

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
Wash your eyes with plain water,put in plain Mosi eye drop 6times a day and ciplox eye ointment at bed time.Read the brochure of ciplox D carefully,it is written that prolong use can cause cataract,glaucoma and fungal infection.So avoid dexamethasone and use moxifloxcin eye drop and ciplox ointment.
Do get back to me in case of any further query please.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. N. K. Misra 15 minutes later
Dear Doctor, Thanks a tonne for the info. When i wake up in the morning my affected left eye lids are stick apart from that my left eye has become smaller in size compared to the right eye. Is Ciplox ointment to be applied around the eyes to reduce the swelling??
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Conjunctivitis

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
good of you to get back to me.
Ciplox ointment is to be applied in side the eye as you are not putting drops at night so it has a sustained effect..This will also help in the eye lids sticking together also.