Suggest treatment for conjunctivitis with high fever and headache

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi, My 12 year old daughter has burning bloodshot eyes with a 101 degree fever. 2 days duration.
She also has a headache. Any thoughts?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pink eye

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Burning blood shot red eyes with fever and headache is likely a conjunctivitis also called pick eye with blepharitis. It could be viral, bacterial or allergic.

It needs combination of antibiotics and anti inflammatory medications and a consult to an ophthalmologist to sort out underlying cause. Meanwhile warm compresses, regular and frequent eye washing with tepid water and gentle drying with towel etc should help.

Talk to an ophthalmologist at an earliest convenience and continue the tylenol too.

I hope it helps. Take good care of your daughter and yourself and please don't forget to close the discussion.

Khan