• question-icon

Suggest treatment for conjunctivitis in a child

Posted on Fri, 11 Aug 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Hello doctor,
My 7 year old son has fever since 2 days with stomach ache. Today morning i noticed his right eye was red and the white area seemed swollen. After some time the eye seemed better. In evening again the eye is red and looks swollen and is opening slightly less than the left eye.
Please find attached the pic.
Please suggest.

Thanks,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Conjunctivitis

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for sending your query to us.

It was good of you to have sent the photograph. Though I do not see much of discharge, this may be a viral and bacterial conjunctivitis.

Ciplox eye drop or Obra eye drop 4 to 5 times one drop at a time. If there is any discharge as well, wash well with plain water. If this redness effects the other eye put the drops in left eye as well.

If the eye is stuck up in the morning, Ocupol eye ointment or Neosporin ointment can be applied at night.

Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist