Suggest treatment for cone cell dysfunction in a child
cone dysfunction rightly it should be dystrophy. A rare heriditary disease.
Cone cell is responsible for bright light vision. They are available in central or macular region.This is a genetic disorder and there is no treatment for it. In this condition peripheral vision is not affected. You have rightly observed your kid has difficulty to see in bright sunlight. To counter discomfort he narrows his eye or squinted to cut down entry of much light. Otherwise rods are available through out retina and responsible for vision in deem light. In your kid's case rods are spared so it is easier for diagnosis. It is a rare retinal genetic disorder. It can be of stationary or progressive in which prognosis is bad. Specs will not help much except for magnification , rather using dark glass will help to some extant. It is generally called cone rod dystrophy. Your information of cone dysfunction needs correction as dystrophy it is a rare hereditary retinal disease . Very difficult to diagnose. It is to be consulted with retina surgeon. Problem is it will lead to legal blindness because of functioning rod.The kid will not face problem in night time. It will be of help to you as rehabilitation and information to be prepared or make your kid prepare to face life.Slowly make him understand the fact and support him always.
Any query kindly do get back
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for severe erectile dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Suggest treatment for stomach ache in a child
- Suggest treatment for ear pain in a child
- Planning for a child suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for erection dysfunction
- Suggest natural treatment for erectile dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for constipation in a child
- Child with systemic mastocytosis suggest the treatment