Suggest treatment for common cold and cough

Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Thu, 19 Feb 2015 in Alternative Medicine
Question: Most of my family member has common cold and cough problem. I also suffer from Pharyngitis and my daughter from enlarged tonsils. We visited to a nearby homeopathy doctor, he gave me a liquid bottle (yellow color) and asked me take 15 drops 5-6 times a day( in half cup warm water) and it really worked (there were other medicines also but this gave immediate relief i.e. by next day). I refered my daughter (7.5 years) and there also I got same yellow color liquid bottle (10 drops 3-6 times in warm water). I dont know the name of the medicine and just wanted to know how safe it is as my kid is also taking it.
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Safety Aspect & Immunomodulation

Detailed Answer:
Dear
Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern and before advising on the issue please know in brief:

1. Enlarged Tonsils themselves are a source of recurrent cold infections and a common cause of unexplained fever, not gaining weight in children's, so examination with an ENT Doctor is must.

PS
i. Prefer lukewarm liquid diet.
ii. Avoid cold/sour stuff.
iii. Gargles with honey or boric acid is beneficial.
iv. Avoid citrus fruits,prefer sweet.
v. Immunomodulation Therapy with Herbal Immunomodulators will be the treatment of choice in her.

2.Since you both are under the supervision of a qualified homeopath Physician thus he must have given proper dosage of the drug according to her Age.
PS. Since Homeopathy Medicines are considered to be safe and free of side effects and can be obtained from Pharmacy without prescription which means that the prescribed drug will be safe and useful in your daughter.

Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant & Physician
Naimittika
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj