Suggest treatment for colon polyps

Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 19 Nov 2015 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: I have had 6 colonscopys; 1 every 3 years. Polyps were found but none cancerous. My last one was 3 years ago and 1 very small polyp was found. My doctor has requested me to discuss another colonoscopy. I am 83 years old and do not believe I should have another one. Your opinion please.
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need for another in next 5-7 years

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
If there was no precancereous polyp then there is no need to do colonocopy each 3 years. I is recommended to do it each 5 years if there are more than suspicous 3 polyps, If there was only one then there is no need for colonoscopy in next 7-10 years iunlesss symptoms occur. Wish you good health Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 19 hours later
Dear Dr. Romic,

During the 5 colonocopys there were polyps that would never become cancereous but there were a few that had the potential of becoming cancereous. I do not know if the single very small polyp discovered during the last colonocopy was harmless or had the potential of becoming cancereous.

Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
hi

Detailed Answer:
If it had potentioal to be cancerous that doctor would ave told you that so everything stays that I ve said before