Suggest treatment for colon cancer
Hi, my dad has just had his first colonoscopy (he is 70 years old) and they found one 1cm tubular Adenomas benign polyp. He has an awful diet and drinks and smokes heavily and gets no exercise.
With this in mind what are the chances of this being hereditary and not lifestyle. And does this mean I should have a colonoscopy earlier than 50 years old (I'm currently 43 years old).
Yes, you should do colonoscopy before 50 years.
According to recent guidelines of XXXXXXX cancer society to people like you with a family history first degree ( your father) with tubular adenomas, you should perform screening colonoscopy earlier than 50 years.
People with heredity has double risk for polyp adenomas or for colon cancer than other people.
Wishing you all the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Colon cancer treatment kottayam
- Colon cancer and constipation treatment
- Treatment and cure for recurrent colon cancer
- Colon cancer treatment chemotherapy
- Treatment and cure for invasive colon cancer
- Treatment and cure for colon cancer tumor
- Treatment and cure for younger colon cancer
- Treatment and cure for colon cancer
- Colon cancer treatment
- Treatment and cure for hereditary colon cancer