Suggest treatment for colloid goiter
In FNAC of right lobe of thyroid I got that Features are of Colloid Goiter
pl tell me what are the treat ments available
No treatment needed if nodule is small
Welcome to HCM. I have gone through the question and understand your concerns.
Colloid nodules are benign ( non cancerous) nodules in thyroid.
In treatment of any nodule in thyroid treatment decision is either:
1. To do surgical removal - thyroidectomy or
2. Periodic follow up
The need for surgery is
1. FNAC showing cancer ( not in your case)
2. Size of the nodule more than 4cm
3. Nodule growing into chest cage
4. Swallowing or breathing difficulties
If these factors are not there, there is no need for surgery. You can repeat the ultrasound after 6-12 months.
If your thyroid function is normal, no medical treatment is needed. If your TSH is high, thyroxine supplementation can decrease the size of the nodule.
Hope I have answered your questions. If you have any further queries I will be happy to help you.
Dr Ajish TP [MD,DM]
Needs follow up
I have gone through the reports. The size of the nodule is moderately large. Hope your thyroid function is normal. If so no treatment is needed now. You needs follow up scan after 6 months. If the size of the nodule is not increasing, you just need follow up scan every year and repeat FNAC if size is increasing.
wishing you good health
Dr Ajish TP
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for colloid goiter
- Is colloid goiter cancerous or not cancerous
- Is colloid goiter a symptom of thyroid
- Donts of colloid goiter
- Colloid goiter and pregnency
- Multi nodular colloid goiter
- Is colloid goiter contagious
- Treatment and cure for nodular colloid goiter
- Treatment for colloid goiter
- Medicines for colloid goiter