Suggest treatment for collapse of femoral head

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Back Pain
Question: Please let me know all about it
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:
Your right hip has undergone necrosis without a collapse of femoral head.
Treatment involves avoiding weight bearing on the leg and medicines like lovastatin anticoagulants bisphosphonates and vasodilators are used. These do not reverse the disease process to a large extent but retard the further progression of the problem. In case the disease progresses and femur head shows a collapse or persistent pain is there then surgical treatment like arthroplasty or hip replacement is considered. Core decompression surgery can help in delaying the disease progression.
Do consult your orthopedician and the treatment can be planned according to the response to the medical drugs.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal