Suggest treatment for collagenous colitis and recurring allergies
Thanks for the query
I would like to answer to your query in points so that I dont miss anything
1. Since there is a dilated pelvis, I strongly recommend that you undergo CT scan of the pelviclyceal system with contrast. More so because you have family history of cancer. It looks like an obstructive nephropathy and any obstruction picked up by the CT if relieved will further bring down the creatinine
2. The only other alternative would be Paracetamol, it can be taken up to three times daily. I usually give my patients half dose of tramadol for a while and then slowly stop the drug. You can approach your doctor with my suggestion.
3. Naproxen/Advil cannot be taken as it looks like you have only one functioning kindey
4. Sleeplessness will last for about 2 weeks, sometimes less than that. I prescribe my patients Zolpidem at night to reduce their stress during such difficult times. It has less dependency issues compared to other sleeping pills
5. Colitis and allergies could have flared up due to withdrawal. Tab Avil can help you with it.
I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me
I have tried to find Paracetamol at Walgreens pharmacy but have had no luck. The pharmacist tried to look it up but found nothing. You are the second doctor to recommend this but I just can't find it. Any suggestions? Is there another name for this OTC medication?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for collagenous colitis
- Diet for collagenous colitis
- Treatment and cure for microscopic collagenous colitis
- Is collagenous colitis curable
- Collagenous colitis multiple sclerosis
- Collagenous colitis and disability
- Collagenous colitis flare up
- Living with collagenous colitis
- Suggest treatment for chronic collagenous colitis
- What is collagenous colitis