Suggest treatment for colitis
weigh 95 Eating well.Before hospital was clear liguids & could'nt eat anything in hospital
I have had IBS for many yrs I hav XXXXXXX been healty & strong. Have always exercised.
Is there anything can help me?
Hello, and thanks for your question.
It sounds like you have a combination of colitis (likely diverticulitis at your age), and irritable bowel syndrome. There are a couple of ways you can improve your health and manage these chronic conditions.
First, avoid eating nuts, seeds, and popcorn. These foods can worsen colitis and can create a need for rehospitalization. Maintaining a healthy diet with a lot of vegetables and fiber is essential in this condition.
Second, IBS can be managed symptomatically. This means treating constipation with over the counter laxatives like Miralax, and treating diarrhea with loperamide. Additionally, antidepressants have been shown to help this condition, so you should consider asking your doctor to consider an SSRI antidepressant such as sertraline or escitalopram. This can help keep your IBS under control.
Please remember to rate and close this answer when you are finished and satisfied.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for clostridium difficile colitis
- Natural treatment for ulcerative colitis
- Sigmoid colitis treatment
- Infectious colitis treatment ornof
- What treatment is suggested for colitis in colon
- Focal active colitis treatment
- Pseudomonas colitis treatment
- Ulcerative colitis treatment
- Mild colitis treatment
- Suggest treatment for chronic collagenous colitis