Suggest treatment for colitis

Posted on Wed, 15 Jul 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: is there treatment for colidis?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Treatment is there, depends on the type of colitis

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Treatment for colitis is there but it varies according to the type of colitis. Whether ulcerative colitis or microscopic colitis, allergic colitis, ischemic colitis , mere bacterial infection ( infectious colitis) , pseudomembranous colitis are some commonest causes.

Yes treatment is there. Some are cured like all above i mentioned except ulcerative colitis as that is managed only and that is an inflammatory bowel disease.

Irrespective of the type , try home remedies like reducing dairy products, eating small frequent meals, eating plenty of fiber 14 gram for every thousand calories, plenty of fluids intake, multivitamins supplementation, green leafy vegetables and reducing meat intake, avoiding spices alcohol or caffeine or any other stimulant like soda etc. Talk to a dietitian and let them devise a complete dietary plan for it.

A detailed clinical correlation is advised for a better answer. Talk to your gastroenterologist and let them help you and educate you further regarding your treatment plan and the type of colitis you got.

I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan