Suggest treatment for cold
Thank you for your query.
1. If you are sure that this is a cold, get a prescription for an anti-histamine such as cetrizine 10 mg or fexofenadine 120 mg (non-sedating).
2. If the nasal secretion (rhinorrhea) does not stop , take steam inhalation and a decongestant prescribed from your physician.
3. Any other symptoms such as headache, fever, bodyache, sneezing, nasal obstruction (and so on) should be informed to your doctor.
4. if the nasal fluid does not reduce, sinusitis and a CSF (CerebroSpinal Fluid) rhinorrhea should be ruled out.
I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for cold sore
- Suggest permanent treatment for acute cold
- Suggest treatment for cold with sore throat
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for cold and cough
- What treatment is suggested for fever and cold
- Suggest treatment for allergic cold and fever
- Suggest treatment for cold and cough
- Suggest treatments for bad cold
- Suggest treatment for cold and sneezing
- Suggest treatment for cold during pregnancy